John Kasich breaks his promise, signs anti-choice laws
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. John Kasich lied to the people and in the process, broke a promise not to sign anti-choice measure on Sunday evening by signing a litany of unconstitutional anti-choice measures that passed on the final day of the Ohio State legislature’s 2013 session.
The bills he signed would do some of the following:
- Shut down all women’s healthcare providers in the Buckeye State.
- Defund Planned Parenthood, the only true women’s healthcare provider nationwide.
- Defunds all rape crisis centers in the state of Ohio.
- Bans all hospitals — both public and private — from allowing admitting privileges from OB-GYNs
- Requires all physicians to lie in saying that abortion causing breast cancer, which we all know is not true.
- Doubles the abortion waiting period
- Requires women to be sexually assaulted by the government via ultrasounds
All of these proposals will definitely be challenged in federal court first thing Monday morning. Ohio is not in the judicially activist conservative Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. [WLWT-DT News 5] Read the rest of this entry »