BREAKING NEWS: John Kasich lies to the people, decides to wage a war on Ohio’s women
John Kasich breaks his promise, signs anti-choice laws
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. John Kasich lied to the people and in the process, broke a promise not to sign anti-choice measure on Sunday evening by signing a litany of unconstitutional anti-choice measures that passed on the final day of the Ohio State legislature’s 2013 session.
The bills he signed would do some of the following:
- Shut down all women’s healthcare providers in the Buckeye State.
- Defund Planned Parenthood, the only true women’s healthcare provider nationwide.
- Defunds all rape crisis centers in the state of Ohio.
- Bans all hospitals — both public and private — from allowing admitting privileges from OB-GYNs
- Requires all physicians to lie in saying that abortion causing breast cancer, which we all know is not true.
- Doubles the abortion waiting period
- Requires women to be sexually assaulted by the government via ultrasounds
All of these proposals will definitely be challenged in federal court first thing Monday morning. Ohio is not in the judicially activist conservative Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. [WLWT-DT News 5]
Domestic dispute causes murder-suicide in Augusta
AUGUSTA, GA — A married couple are dead after a domestic dispute turned into a murder-suicide.
Richmond County investigators responded to the 3500 block of Crawfordville Dr around 1:30 this morning.
Police say a 34-year-old man and a 37-year-old woman got into a penultimate domestic fight.
That is when the man gunned down his wife, then killed himself. The blog will not release the identities of the couple. [WJBF-DT News Channel 6]
Horry County woman scammed on Match.com
CONWAY — An Horry County woman is now $40,000.00 lighter in the wallet after she was a victim of a romance scam.
According to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police report filed on June 20, the 64-year-old woman contacted officers about the swindle.
Police say the incident was not a one-time sending of cash.
The incident was ongoing and a Charlotte man, whose name has not been released, took money from the woman over more than a year-long period.
Officers say the incident spanned from Nov. 1, 2011 until Dec. 16, 2012.
The woman told Charlotte police that she met the man through Match.com and reported the stolen money at an apartment on Windgrove Dr off South Tryon St.
Police say they have a suspect but are not releasing a description until he is apprehended.
The investigation is ongoing. [WCSC-DT Live 5]