Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.318 is live!
Redmond, Wash. — It may be a holiday here (Confederate Memorial Day), but Microsoft released a brand new update for phones and other devices running Windows 10 at 13:00 Windsor time.
This is the May Cumulative Update, also the Patch Tuesday update. This bumps the build number for the Acer Liquid M330, the Alcatel Fierce XL, the Coship Moly X, the Microsoft Lumia 550, the Microsoft Lumia 650, the Microsoft Lumia 950 and the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL to 10586.318.
UPDATE at 17:18: This update has also gone live to these following devices: The Microsoft Lumia Icon (Insider Build only), Microsoft Lumia 640, Microsoft Lumia 640 XL, Microsoft Lumia 735, Microsoft Lumia 830, and Microsoft Lumia 1520.
Here are the list of improvements, as provided by Microsoft, in this build:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.
Go and download this update now!