Millen native arrested for DV again; booted from Crimson Tide before taking a snap

by jovan1984

Taylor was previously arrested and booted from Georgia for domestic violence

Today's News Briefs

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Sooner rather than later, Millen native Jonathan Taylor has to learn to treat girls with respect.

Mr. Taylor was arrested for the second time in less than eight months on Saturday for criminal domestic violence, this time by the Tuscaloosa Police Office and the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office at the University of Alabama.

Early today, he was booted from the Crimson Tide before he ever took a snap.

Just after 18:06 Saturday, the Tuscaloosa Police Office were called to a residence after a woman three years older than Mr. Taylor called deputies to her place.  They spoke to the 24-year-old victim and she briefly talked about the altercation and showed evidence of injury from the fight with Mr. Taylor.

At that point, Mr. Taylor was questioned.  The 21-year-old Jenkins County High School standout was then handcuffed and taken to the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a mandatory half-day hold on charges of third-degree domestic violence and third-degree criminal mischief domestic violence.

He was just released from the Tuscaloosa County Jail at 18:00 today.

Nick Saban, the head coach of the Crimson Tide, released this statement after he kicked Mr. Taylor off the team:

“Jonathan Taylor has been dismissed from the team and is no longer a part of our program.  This will still need to go through the legal process, but when he was given an opportunity here, it was under strict guidelines and we made it clear there was a zero tolerance policy.”

He was booted from Georgia eight months ago.  Mr. Taylor also faces expulsion from Alabama.

Sporting News

Mike Pence refuses to answer simple questions; lash out at media for correctly condemning religious bigotry law

INDIANAPOLIS — If Mike Pence tried to save Indiana’s tarnished reputation – one that should have been tarnished 12 years ago when his predecessor, Mitch Daniels, signed a blatantly unconstitutional ban on public nudity into state law – he failed miserably on the national stage this morning.

George Stephanopolous, a conservative reporter for ABC News, gave Pence no fewer than six chances to clear up what the despot dictator claimed were ‘misconceptions’ and ‘outright lies’ about the religious bigotry law he signed on Thursday afternoon.

“So this is a yes or no question,” noted Mr. Stephanopolous, in his first attempt to get Pence to answer the question the right way.  “Is Advance America right when they say a florist in Indiana can now refuse to serve a gay couple without fear of punishment?”

“And so yes or no, if a florist in Indiana refuses to serve a gay couple at their wedding, is that legal now in Indiana?” said Mr. Stephanopolous.  “Yes or no?”

“That was one of your supporters who was talking about the bill right there,” persisted Stephanopolous.  “It said it would protect a Christian florist who — against any kind of punishment. Is that true or not?”

“So when you say tolerance is a two way street, does that mean that Christians who want to refuse service or people of any other faith who want to refuse service to gays and lesbians, that it’s now legal in the state of Indiana?” asked Mr. Stephanopolous for a fifth time.

“A final question, a final yes or no question, Governor,” asked Mr. Stephanopolous for a sixth time before giving up. “Do you think it should be legal in the state of Indiana to discriminate against gays or lesbians?”

“It’s a yes or no question,” added the host.

Each time, Pence refused to answer the question, ones that were pretty straightforward.

Indianans and others in social media took a very dim view of Pence’s interview.

@GovPenceIN @ThisWeekABC you're the leader of this state. And you've made the entire state look like we're all bigots. #justaddtheclause

— debranyberghaza(@djhaza) March 29, 2015

@GovPenceIN @ThisWeekABC Pence does not represent my views or my state. He refuses to listen to the people of this state.

— Diane Nagel (@diane_nagel) March 29, 2015

@GovPenceIN @ThisWeekABC don't protect the oppressors. Protect those that are the most vulnerable. #impeachdensepence

— baridzomba(@bdzomba) March 29, 2015

@GovPenceIN @ThisWeekABC The answer to a #yesorno question shouldn't begin "LookGeorge…" #notmygovernor

— Matt Lutton(@mluttonBI) March 29, 2015

Watch @GovPenceIN dodge simple Yes-or-No Q from @GStephanopoulos: Does IN's new law allow anti-gay discrimination?http://t.co/EPFDDLL87c

— Paul Begala(@PaulBegala) March 29, 2015

Seattle, the home of Microsoft and T-Mobile USA, was so disgusted with the interview, they decided to ban taxpayer-funded travel to Indiana.

By the way, Pence.  There is no internet conspiracy to make Indiana look like bigots.  The state legislators in Indianapolis, along with the lobbyists, are doing a good job of making Indiana look like bigots themselves.

Raw Story

Advertisements